Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's Been Awhile

Time flies when you're having fun. It also flies when you're crazy busy.

Alyssa and I have been very busy since school started back up again all the way back in August. Alyssa has been buried in clinic hours, papers, and other coursework while I've been buried in coursework and working at Rite Aid.

There are only a few weeks left till yet another semester is wrapped up and we are both ever so much closer to graduation.

After this school year ends, both Alyssa and I will be done with class work and will be heading out on our rotations. Alyssa and her fellow optometry classmates just finished choosing/battling for their future rotation sites.

Alyssa ended up getting placed here in Big Rapids at MCO for her first 3 month rotation. She also has 3 month rotations at Jackson State Prison and at Grand Rapids VA. She was bummed that she couldn't get all her rotations in Grand Rapids so we wouldn't have to move every 3 months, but she ended up with 3 very good rotation sites/opportunities.

As for myself, I have to take 6 six week rotations this coming year. I just sent my preferences in and am hoping that I can get placed in the same city as Alyssa or at least within driving distance so we won't have to live apart from each other. I will update on here when I hear back from the College of Pharmacy as to where I'll be going on rotation.

Well that's enough talking about school. Stafford, our pup, is just about full grown and has turned out to be a very good dog. He is incredibly spoiled, he even gets to sleep on the bed every once in a while.

Overall, I would say that we are doing very well and are feeling like a big happy family.







1 comment:

  1. Hey I just found your blog. You should start posting stuff again, I really enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete