Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Jamaica Mon

Well after yesterday's debacle we finally were off on our honeymoon.

We arrived nearly 2 hours early for our flight just to make sure there weren't any more issues.  We left Detroit for Atlanta and landed in just over an hour and a half.  The flight went by smoothly and we finally started to think that nothing else could possibly go wrong with our trip.

Just before take-off from Detroit. Not really sure what she's doing.

Good Bye Detroit

Well, we were wrong.  We were in line to board our connecting flight in Atlanta to Montego Bay when we approached the boarding pass scanner.  The man scanned both Alyssa's and my boarding passes.  The scanner flashed red and the man double checked the machine with a confused look.  He told us that the machine thought that we had already boarded the plane so he just told us to continue onto the plane and find our seats.

We got to our seats to find an elderly couple sitting in them.  We checked our seat numbers and they were indeed the same numbers; we got our seats double-booked on a packed plane.  They were a nice couple so we said we would figure out what the issue was and let them stay seated.  We made our way to the front of the plane (which is really hard in an airplane aisle full of jerks that won't move out of the way) to inform the flight attendants of our problem.  They started checking the seat charts to see where or if they could squeeze us in.  As they checked, the Captain of the flight came over and chatted with us.  He said he would make sure we stayed on the flight and headed up to the cockpit.  The flight attendants did find us a seat at the Captain's request.  They ushered us up to 1st class just as the doors were closing.

We couldn't believe it.  We got to sit in giant, Lazy Boy-sized seats with complimentary breakfast and drinks.  Yeah, that's right, it was all FREE.  We spent the rest of the two and a half hour flight thanking the attendants and talking to each other about how we couldn't believe that the crew would be generous enough to upgrade of seats.  When we landed the Captain came over to us.  I shook his hand and thanked him.  He said it was no big deal and told us to enjoy our honeymoon.  Well, thanks to him and his crew, our trip had went from a frustrating mess to more than what we could have asked for.

That's what the Florida Keys look like from 37,000 feet. (Click the picture to enlarge)
Alyssa eating her complimentary breakfast

We made our way to Secret's: Wild Orchid Resort.  When we arrived, the resort staff greeted us with champagne, checked us in, and escorted us to our room.  We were already feeling on top of the world after being treated so nicely by the Delta Airlines crew that we didn't think anything could make our trip even better.

We were wrong again.  Since we had to reschedule our trip back one day we were able to get an upgraded room at no extra cost.  Once again, the upgrade was FREE.  Well, needless to say; we are just excited to be here and are having a blast.

Well I've already typed a ton so I'm going to let pictures take over for the rest of this post.  More posts to follow in the next few days.

It was raining a little on our way to the resort, but it cleared up pretty quickly.

Secret's: Wild Orchid

Our amazing room

View from our room

Yes, we do have a bath tub on our balcony

The pool and the ocean behind it

Well, I've already spent too much time on this tonight.  So, off to bed.  More fun in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the photos! Looks FANTASTIC!! Hope you both are enjoying yourselves and that the time is creeping by very slowly. :D Love you both. I sent you a facebook message after I read your blog, not thinking I could follow it and send you a message this way. So....here's a message on your blog too!! Enjoy the moments.......... :D