Monday, December 12, 2011

Our First Thanksgiving

Well, it's already mid-December but since I just started this blog I'm going to post about our first Thanksgiving together as a married couple.

Notice the disappointed look on my face.
Pre-Dinner: 
To be honest, I really didn't do anything to prepare the dinner other than stay out of her way while she got everything ready.  I assumed my position on the couch and watched my Lions lose to the Packers.  Even though the game was hard to stomach, it was a little easier to move on since dinner was ready just as the final whistle blew.



 

I knew my wife was a good cook, so I wasn't nervous about our first big meal together; but I was very surprised at just how good our dinner was.  It was by far the best Thanksgiving dinner I have ever had (sorry Mom). 

The turkey may look a little burnt, but it was just right







Here's a list of our eats:

  • Brown sugar and maple glazed turkey
  • Green bean casserole
  • Cheesy potatoes
  • Stuffing
  • Deviled eggs
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Chocolate mousse pie




Thanksgiving Feast capped off with a little wine.
As Alyssa put it, "That's pure goodness right there"
Digging in.


 After dinner we both relaxed in our own separate ways.

Alyssa rested her feet in her new foot bath/massager while, more than likely, creeping on facebook.

While I did what I do every Thanksgiving and wallowed in my gluttony-filled shame on the floor.


 Overall, it was unfortunate we couldn't be with our families during the holiday, but it was an amazing Thanksgiving and I am truly thankful for my wife and my newly married life.








No comments:

Post a Comment